The patient should undergo a detailed preparation process before revision rhinoplasty surgery to accomplish safe and predictable outcomes.
Patients considering a revision nose reshaping procedure should be committed to following the instructions that the surgeon provides them during the pre-operative consultation process.
The committed double board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Geoffrey R. Keyes provides revision rhinoplasty to patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Bakersfield, California, and surrounding locations.
Preparatory Steps Before the Consultation
After the patient has made a decision to undergo with revision rhinoplasty, they can start preparing for the procedure from that time itself. The below mentioned preparatory steps can be taken before the patient visits the surgeon for a consultation appointment:
- Make arrangements to send the medical records to the surgeon’s office from the primary care doctor and specialists. This will enable the surgeon to understand whether the patient suffers from any pre-existing conditions such as breathing problems, sinus, chronic diseases or allergies from reviewing past records.
- Arrange for surgical records of the prior rhinoplasty including before and after images, and the report from the surgeon who performed the primary rhinoplasty.
- Contact the insurance company to understand whether revision rhinoplasty procedure may have insurance coverage in certain cases.
- Arrange and carry the insurance documents to the surgeon’s office during the pre-operative consultation.
- Review the surgeon’s website to gain familiarity with their practice before the consultation.
- Make a list of all questions, concerns, and doubts that the patient has regarding the procedure to ensure that they do not miss out on anything when meeting the surgeon.
- Identify pictures from magazines or websites as reference images for the type of nasal or facial structure that they desire.
Restrictions on Smoking and Specific Medicines
The surgeon will instruct the patient to not smoke for a specific duration before and after the revision nose job. Tobacco contains nicotine which causes disruptions in the flow of oxygen in the blood. This may lead to higher surgical risk and slower healing.
In case the patient takes blood thinning medications such as NSAIDs, aspirin, or specific herbal supplements and vitamin E, they will have to stop using these for a particular period. The surgeon may alter the schedule of any prescription medications in consultation with the prescribing doctor.
A Day Prior to the Surgery
The patient should wash their hair well to mitigate infection risks a day prior to the revision rhinoplasty. Furthermore, they should not consume alcohol for a minimum of 48 hours before the procedure. They should take plenty of rest and sleep early on the night before the revision nose job.
The Day of Surgery
On the day of the surgery, the patient should wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing which is front open. In case the patient has diabetes, they should have their vital parameters assessed on the morning of the procedure.
Double board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Geoffrey R. Keyes receives patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Bakersfield, California, and other suburbs and neighborhoods in this part the nation for revision rhinoplasty surgery.
For more information on the surgical and non-surgical procedures and treatments by Double Board Certified Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Geoffrey R. Keyes, please contact us at (800) 859-7509. Offices in Los Angeles and Bakersfield, CA.
Serving Greater Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Orange County and surrounding areas of California.