Rhinoplasty is a cosmetic surgery procedure to enhance the shape, size or appearance of the nose in harmony with the rest of the facial features. On the surface, rhinoplasty may appear to be a minor surgery, but it involves delicate nuances that can significantly impact the facial profile and balance.
During the initial consultation, the nose surgeon will address all the queries and concerns of the patient in detail in order to help them make an informed decision.
Double board certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Geoffrey Keyes, provides rhinoplasty procedure to his patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Bakersfield, California, and surrounding locations across the landscape.
Patient Education about Rhinoplasty
Patients who have a clear understanding of all aspects of rhinoplasty will be in a position to make better decisions. Patients should feel free to ask questions about the surgery before they decide to go ahead with it. A responsible surgeon will educate the patient about the cosmetic and functional benefits of rhinoplasty as well as its limitations.
They will also explain the potential risks and costs involved in rhinoplasty. The surgeon will encourage the patient to raise any concerns or doubts and ask questions before the nose surgery procedure is finalized. Clear communication between the surgeon and the patient will help to achieve the closest possible results in accordance with the patient’s unique goals.
Questions to Ask about Rhinoplasty Procedure
Some of the important questions that a patient may ask the surgeon about rhinoplasty surgery will include:
- Will you perform procedure using general anesthesia or IV sedation and local anesthesia?
- Which surgical technique will use for my procedure, and will you place the incisions inside or outside the nostrils?
- What will be the estimated duration of the procedure?
- What precautions or medical tests are necessary prior to the surgery, including any adjustments of my ongoing medications?
- How long will be the recovery period, and will it be painful?
- When can I go back to work after the surgery?
- What are the potential side effects and complications with the surgery?
- Will there be visible scars after the healing is complete?
Questions to Ask about the Surgeon
If the patient is undecided about the choice of surgeon, or is consulting the surgeon for the first time, they should ask a few questions to learn more about the surgeon’s credentials.
- Are you board certified in plastic surgery?
- Do you have specific experience in the area of rhinoplasty and other facial cosmetic surgery procedures?
- Will you personally perform the procedure?
- Can you share a few rhinoplasty before and after photos as well as patient testimonials from previous procedures with me?
- What is your policy for revision procedures, in case there is a need for revision rhinoplasty?
The patient should also ask questions related to the costs, financing and payment aspects with the surgeon or their team. A committed surgeon will answer every question in a detailed and accurate manner. Double board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Geoffrey Keyes receives patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Bakersfield, California, and other towns and communities in this part of the SoCal for rhinoplasty.
For more information on the surgical and non-surgical procedures and treatments by Double Board Certified Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Geoffrey R. Keyes, please contact us at (800) 859-7509. Offices in Los Angeles and Bakersfield, CA.
Serving Greater Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Orange County and surrounding areas of California.