The face is the most prominent area of the body. Naturally, most patients are concerned about identifying the most suitable plastic surgeon for their facial surgery.
Ideally, this procedure should be undertaken only by a highly trained and experienced cosmetic surgeon.
At the time of the initial consultation, the patient should be upfront with the surgeon and voice all their concerns on the facelift surgery. The patient can arrive at an enlightened decision with detailed information on the surgeon’s background and procedure.
Double board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Geoffrey R. Keyes provides facelift to patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Bakersfield, California, and surrounding communities.
Questions to Ask
Prior to the initial consultation, the patient should make a list of all the questions that they have and carry it to their appointment with the surgeon. Some questions that the patient may include in this list are:
- Are you a board certified plastic surgeon? If yes, which board certifies you?
- Do you have a membership to any national or local professional associations, such as ASPS?
- How many years of training and experience do you have in the area of facial surgeries?
- What is the rate of satisfaction of the patients who have undergone a facelift performed by you?
- Do you have staff privileges at a local hospital or surgical center?
- What are the credentials and background of the team members that will assist you with the procedure?
- Will I be able to see you during every facelift surgery appointment at your practice?
- Am I an appropriate candidate for facelift surgery?
- What is the most suitable facelift technique for my particular needs?
- Can I view facelift before and after photos of previous patients?
- Can I review testimonials of past patients who have received facelift surgery from you?
- Can I meet one of your team members to become more familiar with your practice and staff?
- Will the procedure be performed using general anesthesia or local anesthesia?
- In case of a medical emergency, is your practice properly equipped to handle it?
- How much time will it take to complete the facelift surgery?
- What are the potential risks associated with this surgery?
Questions about Costs
- What will be the estimated costs of the facelift surgery?
- Does the cost estimate include pre and post-operative expenses?
- How will the choice of a hospital, a surgical center, or an accredited surgical suite impact the costs?
- Does your fee as a plastic surgeon include the charges for post-operative consultation?
- If I choose to combine two or more procedures at the same time, will the facelift surgery be more cost-effective?
- Can your staff provide me with information and assistance on insurance and financing options?
Are there Age Restrictions for Facelift Surgery?
In comparison to age, skin elasticity and general health have a greater impact on a person’s ability to undergo this procedure. A majority of patients who receive facelift surgery are aged between 40 and 70 years.
A trained plastic surgeon can assess the skin texture and condition of each patient to make an individual judgment and recommendation on their candidacy for facelift surgery.
Before the initial consultation, the patient should review the surgeon’s website. They can also check the ratings and reviews on the surgeon and their practice on third-party forums.
Furthermore, the patient can also interact with previous facelift surgery patients on online platforms to gather more insights on the facelift surgery from another patient’s perspective.
Double board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Geoffrey R. Keyes receives patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Bakersfield, California, and nearby areas for facelift.For more information on the surgical and non-surgical procedures and treatments by Double Board Certified Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Geoffrey R. Keyes, please contact us at (800) 859-7509. Offices in Los Angeles and Bakersfield, CA.
Serving Greater Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Orange County and surrounding areas of California.